About Indiana's EMS System
EMS Compact Legislation
In Indiana, the REPLICA legislation was signed into law on March 11, 2020. Commissioner Kraig Kinney was appointed by the Executive Committee as Vice Chair of the Commission on November 2, 2022 and later confirmed by a Special Election vote of the Full Commission on December 7, 2022.
National EMS Coordinated Database Status
- Indiana is in process of integrating with NEMSCD, a technical and policy solution is in the works and a connection to the state licensure data is anticipated by Summer 2023.
Indiana EMS Rules and Laws
- Indiana EMS Rules - Title 836
- Indiana EMS Statues (Definitions) - Title 16-18
- Indiana EMS Statues - Title 16-31
- Emergency Rule for 2014 Levels of Certification
- EMS Rule for Late In-Service - LSA Document #10-361
State EMS Office Links
- Indiana Department of Homeland Security,Emergency Medical Services
- EMS Personnel Certification Levels
- EMS Scope of Practice
IDHS: EMS / FIRE / EMA